Before your Spray tan
Before your spray tan is applied :
- Exfoliate all over thoroughly - this is very important to ensure that your tan lasts and goes on evenly. The best thing to use is exfoliating gloves..
- On the day of your appointment do not wear any deoderant, perfumes, oils, or lotions, as these may react with your Fake Bake spray tan.
- Any waxing should be carried out 2 days before your spray tan
- Wear loose dark fitting clothing, sandals or flip flops to your appointment.
- We can provide a paper thong if you choose to wear one, however a pair of your own is perfect.
- We will also provide protection for your hair and feet.
If you are having a mobile spray tan - around 3 feet square of space is needed for the tent and a little extra for your beauty therapist.
During your tan
- Remove all jewellery, clothing, make up and deoderant
- Relax whilst a professional beauty therapist guides you through your spray tan. First the beauty therapist will ask you to wear sticky soles that temporarily adhere to the bottom of your feet. These will stop your feet discolouring.
Your Fake Bake spray tan will then be expertly applied.
The whole treatment lasts less than 10 minutes. Immediately after your spray tan we recommend you allow a few minutesfor the tan to absorb before dressing. Fake Bake spray tan will not smell of DHA, the tell-tale sign of a recently applied tan. The initial tan colour you’ll see is actually the cosmetic guide colour
- Allow your tan to develop for 10-12 hours - preferably over night. (not applicable for fast developing tans)
- Do not shower or have contact with water for 10-12 hours whilst your spray tan is developing.
- Do not wax or shave for 24 hours afterwardsTry not to do any activities that make you perspire for 10-12 hours while your spray tan is developing.
- Avoid Beauty treatments or hair treatments whilst your tan is developing.
- Moisturising after every shower and bath will help prolong your tan
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash your self with a mild soap.
- • Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) asthey can strip colour.
- Be careful not to rub your tan off on seat belts or buckles after leaving the beauty salon
- • Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your spray tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily, locking in colour. This will also hydrate your skin.
- Mobile spray tan
For the best spray tan Portsmouth has to offer